Saturday, December 8, 2012

An Interview with Tara Stogner Wood

Today, I have an interview with Tara Stogner Wood, a paranormal author who has a story in the new fairytale collection Once Upon a Twisted Time.

***

Tara, tell us a bit about Once Upon a Twisted Time.

Once Upon a Twisted Time is a unique collection of fairytales with a twist. We've taken four classic stories and turned them on their heads to create something engaging and fun for readers. Here's the blurb:
Think you know your fairytales? Think again. These aren’t your normal happily-ever-after. Within these pages, a murderous Little Mermaid gets her revenge, the Cinderella doesn’t really want to wear the slipper, Snow White is up to her eyes in industrial experiments, and the Beauty is in fact the Beast.
This collection of four novellas will surprise you, make you gasp in horror, sigh with relief, and sit on the edge of your seat. And most of all…they will make you rethink everything you think you know about dark fairytales…

Did you and the other authors in the anthology give each other feedback during the writing process, or was each story developed independently?

We're a close knit group, so there was tons of feedback and ideas flying back and forth. That said, each of us personally chose the fairytale we wanted to re-imagine. From there, it was only natural to tap someone on the shoulder and say, "What do you think about this?" or, "Is this too literal?". The finished tales are truly a product of each individual, but we found that bouncing ideas off one another was really helpful. They're a fabulous bunch of ladies with some amazingly creative brains.

How did you come up with the idea for your story, "Miss Cavendish and the Spark of Salvation?"

A photo of an incredibly good-looking archer made it's way into my inbox, courtesy of my cohort, Trish M. Dawson. Anyhoo, said photo of attractive male model made me instantly think of "The Huntsman", so that's what he became. The steampunk aspect sort of jumped out at me and I took it and ran. I had the most fun writing this story, and Asher and George have to be two of my favorite characters that I've ever written.

Do you and the other authors have plans to put out another anthology like this?

Absolutely. We really enjoyed working together, and Moon Rose Publishing is a dream to work for. As far as specifics, nothing has been ironed out, as we all have other projects currently in progress. A few ideas have already been thrown around amongst this particular group of authors. I can say that I am currently contracted by Moon Rose for another anthology with a different group (but all of them amazing!) of authors to be released in the spring of 2013.

What are you working on now?

I think the question should be, "What are you NOT working one right now?". LOL. I have three projects that I am actively working and writing on at the moment: the next novella for Moon Rose in the spring, the second book in my paranormal romance "In Blood" series, and a YA thriller that I'm plotting out. I am also co-author on another full-length novel contracted by Moon Rose for a tentative release in April.

***

Get Once Upon a Twisted Time from Amazon.com or Amazon UK. You can connect with Tara in many and sundry ways, including:


No comments:

Post a Comment